Friday, May 30, 2008

I am so thrilled to be included in this amazing new anthology, The Maternal is Political: Women Writers at the Intersection of Motherhood and Social Change. When the book arrived in the mail a couple of days ago, I was stunned to see my name on the cover, in such incredible company. I have a feeling people will pick up the book and nod as they read every name. Then they'll come to mine, do a double take, and say "Who?" I almost feel as if the inclusion of my name on the cover is a joke--I suppose it's sort of the way I used to feel when I went into a bookstore and saw my work on the shelf and figured the bookseller was just humoring me by having it there. It didn't seem possible to me that I was actually a full-fledged author with a real book that people could buy and read. It still sometimes doesn't seem possible to me! I'm very honored and grateful to be part of this new collection--it's a book that will inspire you (maybe even move you to action!)

1 comment:

dmccafferty said...

How wonderful to see your name up there with Kingsolver's, Pelosi's and Quindlen's (to name just a few)! Congratulations!