Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I woke up this morning still stunned by the fact that I have suddenly found myself as the lead in a musical (I also woke up with a bit of a cold. I hope it won't affect my readings this week. I guess the show must go on, hardee har har.) I have no idea if I can pull this Annie Oakley thing off. The fact that a pacifist vegetarian writer is going to play an illiterate gun-slinger seems ultra-ironic, somehow. Fodder for an essay at least. I feel as if I'm on that MTV show "Made" where they turn self-professed bookworms into cheerleaders, and the like. I wonder if I'll be able to pull it off. It will be very interesting, indeed. I am so touched by the directors' faith in me--I hope I'll be able to live up to it. A fun thing--I get to dye my never-dyed-before hair red! And it looks like my daughter is going to play my sister! I am excited and terrified...

2 comments:

Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

This is fantastic, Gayle. The creative works mysteriously, doesn't it? I hope you'll post photos!

Jordan

gayle said...

Thanks so much, Jordan and Masha! I'm still totally in shock. The creative definitely works mysteriously! The show is in late April--I don't have the dates yet, but as soon as I have details, I'll be sure to post them (and pictures!)

xo
gayle