Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Day Two of my GCC tour! You can read an interview with me over at Shanna Swendson's blog, and check out mentions at Robin and Renee's Shaking Her Assets, and Anne Frasier's blog. I will continue to keep you posted as I travel the Circuit...

After mentioning my own local wild parrots at E Lockhart's site yesterday, I was very sad to hear that the famous wild parrots of Telegraph Hill in San Francisco have had their lives disrupted after one of the trees they considered home was chopped down. I hope this story can have a happy ending; Mark Bittner, who wrote a book about the parrots and was featured in the documentary about them, is doing whatever he can to make that happen:

Bittner, a formerly homeless person and unemployed musician who took to the parrots while he was caretaker of a home on the hill, feeds the birds, has given them names and estimates there are about 200 of them.

"I have to look out for them," he said Wednesday. "They helped me out. Now, I have to help them out."

No comments: