Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My interview with Diane Wilson is up on the CodePink website now.

As I'm writing this, my husband is turning one of my poems into a song. He had wanted to write an anti-tv song (we're getting rid of our cable in two weeks, after the--sob!--finale of my true tv love, Six Feet Under. We've gone in and out of tv-free life since we've been together, and we're ready to let it go again, at least for awhile.) I remembered I had an anti-tv poem, "Open the Television" in my pool o' poems, so I shared it with him. It's so much fun to hear his interpretation of it. It's like the poem's been reincarnated. I felt the same way when I saw the screenplay adaptation of The Book of Dead Birds that Casey DeFranco is writing--the spirit of my story in a new body! (I should note that there are no plans to produce the screenplay at this point, but the possibilities are cool to think about...)

No comments: