Friday, April 15, 2005

You can read a portion of my interview with Dominique McCafferty over at the Riverside Public Library's website. The entire interview will be in the May/June issue of Public Libraries.

The Riverside Public Library has been an important part of my life. When the kids were little and we were living well below the poverty level, we used to go to the library for storytime (which was not only wonderful, but free!) and then we would go to the bagel shop across the street, where I was usually able to scrounge up enough change to buy us each a bagel (I think they were either 25 or 35 cents each.) Cups of water were free, so that's what we drank. We didn't feel poor, though; it was always a fun outing.

The library has been so supportive of my writing; I am very grateful for all they have done for me over the years. It's a treat to appear on their site.

No comments: