Saturday, May 26, 2007

I was hoping to be a less neglectful blogger this month, but life keeps getting in the way. My new deadline for my novel is July 1. I have a lot of work to pack into the next month, but it feels do-able; I feel like I'm finally on the right track with the book. I am having daily epiphanies about the story and the characters; I wake up thinking about them and they stay alive inside me all day--they push me to get their story down. All of this energy was lacking in the first draft, and I missed it--I missed that deep pull to write, that deep connection with the characters. Now it's there, and I'm so relieved. I just hope I can do the story justice.

I was tickled to come upon these Self Storage reader comments over at BookReporter.com. I knew they had given away several copies of the book, but I didn't realize they were going to post reader responses--it's lovely to know that people who hadn't read my work before say they'd like to read more of it! Now I have to get this novel in order so they'll be able to do just that...

No comments: