Monday, June 05, 2006

I had a funny brain lapse today. I found a pair of red socks (amazing to find a matching pair in my wardrobe--not a common happening) and thought I put them on before I put on my gym shoes. Then, before I left the house, much to my confusion, I saw a red sock lying on the floor of the living room.

"Aren't I wearing that sock?" I asked. I knew I didn't have a third red sock in the house.

"What are you talking about?" My son looked at me, amused.

I lifted my pants, and noted with chagrin that I indeed was wearing only one red sock. My other foot was bare inside my shoe. So much for mindfulness. At least Arin and I got a good laugh out of it!

(Actually, this story lends itself to an unplanned commercial break...If you, like me, have trouble holding on to pairs of socks, you might want to check out Little Miss Matched, a company my agent cofounded. They offer adorably mismatched but complementary socks in sets of three, so you never have to worry about finding the perfect matching pair. You still, however, have to take full responsibility for putting a sock on each foot.)

No comments: