Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blogging will probably be light around here for a while. I start teaching a monthlong intensive class at my alma mater next Monday--four days a week, three hours a day of Writing from the Senses. I have taught this as a one day class and as a once-a-week five week class before, and am excited to have the opportunity to explore the subject in a deeper way with a group of students.

I am hoping that I will be able to use some of the class writing time to work on my novel. My schedule has been so hectic lately--it's been a challenge to find time to write. I recently gave myself a 500-word a day writing goal; other than during NaNoWriMo, I've never given myself a daily word count before, so it feels a bit weird, but it also seems to be working. 500 words are easy enough to knock out, and it's keeping the novel moving forward, albeit at a very modest pace. After the class and the play are over, I should have more time to immerse myself fully in the world of my novel, but for now, I'm glad to at least take some brief trips there.

No comments: