Monday, October 10, 2005

Dear peddlers of Dog Coats and "Brush Coat Dog Kings" (and any other potential spammers),

I have deleted your comments. Other than my occasional personal recommendations and publishing-related announcements, Fruitful is a commercial-free zone. It is disrespectful to me and to visitors of this site for you to hawk your wares in my online home. It makes me feel as if there is an uninvited Amway salesperson in my living room. Not a nice feeling. If my site had anything to do remotely with dogs, it might make more sense for you to post your link in my comments, but I don't have a dog, I don't write about dogs, I'm allergic to dogs, and I don't think anyone is coming to my site to find out about dog-related products. If you continue to spam me, I will have to turn off my comments feature, and I would hate to do that; even though I don't receive a flood of comments, I love the ones that do come in, and I love being able to keep the door for dialogue open. Thank you for hearing me out. We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: