Friday, June 10, 2005

If you're lucky, you're going to the grand opening of the Roald Dahl Museum this weekend (supposedly the doors are covered with chocolate! Not sure how that works--do they continually reapply the chocolate? Do visitors get to lick the doors, like they do the fruit-flavored wallpaper in the story? Or is the chocolate encased in resin, or some other taste-unfriendly substance?) If you find yourself in Southern CA rather than England, you can get lucky, anyway. We're having a busy weekend at the Brandeis-McGunigle household, and you can join in on the fun (I'm just realizing how this sounds after writing about getting lucky! The fun I'm talking about is not nearly so salacious--at least not the fun you can join in on...)

Anyway...

Both of my husband's bands, Old Brown Shoe and Bucksworth, are going to be playing at the Riverside Brewing Company (3397 Mission Inn Ave., Riverside, CA) this Saturday, the 11th, at 9:30pm. I am not much of a beer drinker, myself, but Matt touts their Victoria Avenue Amber Ale. And then Sunday at 7pm, I'm going to be giving a talk/workshop on Writing from the Senses at the Claremont Jung Society. I can't promise chocolate doors, but there will be strawberries!

No comments: