Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A reminder...

I will be teaching a free writing workshop this coming Saturday, from 2-3:30pm at the amazing Mission Inn in downtown Riverside. It should be a lot of fun (plus, if you haven't been to the Mission Inn, you have to come see it. It's an architectural marvel.) Writing materials and snacks will be provided and you'll even get a copy of the wonderful Family Voices book.

I had a great phone chat with a group at Antigone Books in Tucson this Sunday. I have heard such wonderful things about this bookstore--it was good to connect with them over the wires. And I was tickled to discover that I recently made their bestsellers list (my first!) A funny aside: the paper places the list in July, 4004. The Time Traveler's Wife is also on that list, so maybe some chrono-displacement was involved...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again--independent booksellers rule! Please support them, treasure them, keep them alive.

No comments: