Thursday, November 27, 2003

I just happened upon a real surprise at Amazon--my paperback cover for Fruitflesh! I had no idea it was going to be so different from the hardcover. I have to get over my shock before I'll know how I really feel about it--I had no idea a new cover was even in the works, so it was a very unexpected thing to find it online--but I think I like it. I think I like it a lot. I like the lowercase font for the subtitle. I like the notebook feel of the background. I like the watermelon (although the knife is a bit troublesome.) I like the freshness and lightness of it, such a contrast to the deep dark mysteriousness of the hardcover. Both are luscious in their own ways.

I'm looking forward to holding the paperbacks for both books in my hands. They come out May 1, 2004. May Day. A day to celebrate new life. I hope my books--which have been so lovingly, but so quietly, received--will find new life in their new form. Thanks to those who have read my books and have been so generous in your response. I am very grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for.

No comments: