Monday, May 12, 2003

Yet another review, this one from the Denver Post. It's really lovely.

In less than 24 hours, I am going to be having dinner with Barbara Kingsolver and then she is going to introduce me and speak about The Bellwether Prize at my reading at Vroman's in Pasadena. I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined that I would be in this position as a writer. I am nervous and thrilled and so deeply grateful. I feel unworthy. I feel affirmed. I feel utterly amazed and humbled and verklempt. I love Barbara Kingsolver. Everything about her. I love her work. I love her passion and presence and her commitment to social justice. I just hope I won't be too tonguetied around her. I'll have to let everyone know how it goes (and if anyone wants to come, it's at 7pm, this Tuesday the 13th at Vroman's Books, 695 Colorado, Pasadena; please be sure to say hello!).

No comments: